10 November 2005

Footprints


Footprints

‘One step forward, two steps back….’


So it is sometimes in life. We’ve had our challenges here at the Holtzman Homestead the past couple of weeks. With our coffee roaster production cut in half, due to a malfunctioned roaster which shipped out today after several on site servicing solutions failed to produce results. I cannot say that I feel inept by any standard as most of my pre-call troubleshooting appeared to be more extensive than most people who call and say “it’s broke, fix it!” Chris at Delaware City Coffee Co. has shown himself to be considerate and ‘on the level’ in dealing with our dilemma. We expect to be back up to full operations by the end of next week, stand by Sam, good things come to those who wait!

Without going in to a tirade or laundry list of ‘woes’ we experienced another mechanical malfunction here at home as well. A check valve on our heating system gave way sometime earlier this past week, unbeknownst to us, as we keep the household at a ‘cozy’ 55 degrees throughout the week. This $20 valve keeps the pressure in the radiator heating system after it’s intake from the main water line. Long story short, it opened at the overflow valve, which kept a continuous flow of cold water in – heating – hot water out down through an overflow drain in the basement floor. End result: 500 gallons of fuel oil vaporized! [Insert Comment Here] Yes, I said the same thing, or something similar, but I’m not a vulgar man any longer so it was only a comment of frustration. Needless to say, the expectation was for those 500 gallons of fuel to see us through to March, hence the low household temperature.

Now I could view this in two fashions, one commiserate with my wife on our sure misfortune and bake a “Crumb” cake for our pity party. Two, I could consider the good health of my wife and I, our ability to work and produce an income. Reflect on the good fortune of prudent finances in our home economy and know that as bad as it all may seems, this to shall pass, and we can give thanks for the time were given to steward this land and our lives together. We resolved to do just that! If you’ll permit me let me just say one thing about my wife, she is an awesome helpmeet! It is with sincerity that I can say, I give thanks to our King and Sovereign each day from that day which he joined us as one flesh. Gentleman, so love your wives, as it says in Ephesians, no man hates his own flesh. For this is wisdom and a great mystery as Paul wrote concerning Christ and the church, for we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bone – so ought men love their wives as their own bodies. (Paraphrased) This is something the social fabric of today’s ‘modern’ society can not hold to in any “marriage contract” for such exist without a covenant and is easily broken or rent asunder. Ok, my boasting is done, for now …………one last scripture ‘for the road’ so to speak……….. Isaiah 26:5-7. (to be continued)

1 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Hexdek16 said...

I try to do all my own work for the photos, though for example, the post for 'Sour Grapes' was borrowed from wicopedia - public domain - photo stock.
As we planted grape vines here this summer, it will be awhile before we will have such lovely produce as that in the photo. I use to do a lot of photography in college and have just started to revisit an old hobby.
...but yes, as my wife would say....Why are you taking a picture of our door?.......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home