20 July 2009

(Easy) Egg Cream


(Easy) New York Egg Cream Recipe


Approximately 1/2 cup cold whole milk*
1 cup bottled seltzer
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup**

* Skim or 1% milk won't foam as well

** Fox's U-Bet Chocolate Syrupis used in New York.


Pour 1/2 inch of cold milk into a tall soda glass. Add seltzer or club soda to within 1 inch of the top of the glass; stir vigorously with a long spoon (this will cause it to become white and bubbly with a good head of foam).

Very gently pour 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup slowly down the inside of the glass; briskly stir with a long spoon only at the bottom of the glass where the chocolate sits. The resulting drink should have a dark brown bottom and a 1-inch high pure white foam top (if you mix it too much, the foam disappears).


NOTE: Do not let Egg Cream sit for a long period of time-5 minutes or more; it will go flat.

Makes 1 servings

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey scott, its melissa mercer, remember me. email me scorp79murphy@aol.com or call my cell 856-979-4727

 
At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i keep looking on facebook but i dont see anyone with a chiafs coat..grrr..its not ment to be..wahhh

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous masini said...

I tried to do but I sure I left something out.

 
At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a better-quality article as they all are. I make fun of been wonder wide this an eye to some beat now. Its great to receive this info. You are fair and balanced.

Isuzu FVR Truck Turbo

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This egg cream recipe truly looks easy to make. I've got to try this when I have a spare time. Thanks for sharing. Its nice of you.
seo wiltshire

 
At 4:49 AM, Anonymous quality website design said...

I think I should try this one. I'll save this recipe. I think it's easy to make. Thanks for sharing this one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home