20 February 2007

This Old Man














This old man, he played one

He played knick-knack on my thumb
With a knick-knack paddywhack,
Give your dog a bone
This old man came rolling home




Well, one of theses pups ain't like the other one, ain't like the other one, one of these pups ain't like the other one......... because one of them came home. Just in case you might be wondering what side of the earth I might have dove off.... (knew it was FLAT, didn't ya) Well I took a long walk off the Puppy Pier back August '06. The better part of which time has been spent 'puppy training' or better said, "Just plain enjoyin' my dog!"

Now I can not say for certain which of these fellows is our dog "Digger", but if I was guessin' I'd say it is the fellow to the far right. Now this photo was taken some where round the 6-8 week mark by Frank at Southside Stables, who is the breeder of some fine animals. Brooke & I both would give him a 4 star rating for top quality dogs & service. I've include a link to his web site at South Side Dogs above if you care to visit or are interested in a dog. Though we receive no renumeration, I'd appreciate it if you told 'em we recommended you, as one good turn deserves another!

Now mind you, Digger's a Vizsla Pup going on 7 months old, a wee bit bigger and few pound heavier now (about 55 lbs heavier!) So some what like kids, "boy do they grow up fast." Now our 60 lb wonder - wonders why he can be a "Lap Dog"? You'd have to have the lap of the Jolly Green Giant to accommodate him. Not the breed for someone who likes 'small dogs'.

As the nursery rhyme goes 'give your dog a bone', well this 'pup' will work through one in few short hours! As for 'this old man' today (Tuesday) was year 39 for T.S.O.E. (You figure it out)

So I'll get my weary bones to bed, and say good nite. Will post a more current photo of the dog later this week, if I can "Catch a Good Pose". Till then, Regards.

3 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Hey Scott, welcome back to the other side of the world, aka Blogland, Blogville, or what have you. How about a current picture of the new addition and some info about the breed? I've heard the name but know nothing about it. Sounds....Hungarian or something? How does he get along with your birds? Oh, and many happy returns for your 39 years of "Time Spent On Earth"? Did I guess right? :)

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger TNfarmgirl said...

Welcome back...been missing your posts and can't wait to see the grown up Digger!
Cheri

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Hexdek16 said...

You Guessed correct Emily! ...and yes, Digger is a Hungarian Pointer, so far disinterested for the most part in the birds. They only 'bird' he's interested currently is a (toy) stuffed 'goose' (actually a duck) that he retrieves time on end. Quite literally as he will fetch & return for 20 to 40 min. at a time with out break in focus or desire. (It tires me!)

Well, big storm due here tonight (March 1st) so got to "batten down the hatches" as it were. Regards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home