10 July 2006

GOT BAIL?













“…Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it...”


RAW MILK?

Few things these days cry out “Idiot!” to me. Perhaps because I’ve grown so accustom to the tireless never-ending siege of autocracy, or perchance I’ve come to expect that the mass & the mob would sooner kill the Good Samaritan, as to reward him for a gracious act………..

Story Here.


My Favorite Quote:


''You can't just give milk away to someone other then yourself. It's a violation of the law,''

said LeeAnne Mizer, spokeswoman for the Ohio Department of Agriculture.

WOW! Now that's kind of hard to swallow.

4 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger Walter Jeffries said...

The trouble with government is it has more power than sense.

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The trouble with government is that it has power.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Marci said...

It always ticks me off reading a story in the news that I know about in real life. They leave out all the sleeze that the undercover guy tried. Arlie asked him if he knew it was illegal to sell raw milk in Ohio. The guy lied and said no. Then he offered to give a donation. Again, Arlie said that is totally up to you. The container was the undercover agents. It was filled and he again tried to entrap Arlie into stating a price for the "donation". Arlie said no. The guy handed him the 2 bucks and left.

Originally, they went after him for an improperly labeled container.

They tell me they are trying to protect us here in Ohio. Yeah right. I can still buy cigarettes which are proven to cause cancer and death with a buyer beware label. It is my right. The bottom line is, it is ALL about money and the lobby groups.

OK, I am now getting off my soapbox.

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The trouble with government is that it has power."

The real trouble is that Americans have grown too lazy to stand up and fight. I could see the Federal Government asking Thomas Jefferson to register his animals with a NAIS...

Jeremiah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home