17 July 2006

Chicken Man




Chicken Man

…………………..and for my next trick, I will attempt to balance this chicken on the little boys head!



Ok, so nothing quite magical about that, but not all nephews have an uncle who will bring pet chickens to the ‘burbs’ of Albany. So, I have been dubbed “The Chicken Man” unofficially by my family and neighborhood kids – in quite whispers, they go by……..(to a friend) ‘here’s where the chicken man lives……….’ Life is good!

So what are you known for? Is it so bad to be the chicken man, the milkman, or farmer Scott? Not at all! We are known for few things in life; so many of our fellows are known for less – such as a corporate title or occupation. When asked “who are you?”, in a social setting how do most people respond – I’m an (insert title here) for (insert corporation or state agency here), perhaps it’s some other blather.

All things considered, “The Chicken Man” is not such a bad title to have, after all Mr. Bean & Mr. Coffee makes me feel like some cheap imitation. Besides coffee & compost, I raise a few birds. Guys got to have hobbies!

3 Comments:

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Tom Scepaniak said...

The "Chicken Man" does have a ring to it!
I can't tell you how many times through the years somebody that always touted up their corporate title to me lost it. Funny, never lost mine yet.
BTW, don't attempt that picture with Gilbert the Goose.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger CG said...

Yes, good to be known for something real.

But if you don't know how yet, you MUST learn to hypnotize chickens! We've done this for years and, well, people really remember you for it! LOL!

For directions, read Tom Robbins' book Even Cowgirls Get the Blues.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Emily said...

Hi Scott! I love your new alias! I'd probably be the local Chicken Lady if we didn't already have one on our street! ~grin~ They are great conversation starters for whoever is walking/jogging by. We meet more people and kids just love 'em! By the way, you inquired about eggs on my blog. We expect them to be laying sometime in early fall. A new adventure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home